PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
I was recently browsing the MM site for new pipe editions - just randomly. I came across a neat travel tobacco container they call the “Pocket Jar”. I bought two!

The lids are laser engraved with the MM logo, and are mason jar lids. The lower is a hard plastic. Less than an inch (23mm), and about 2.75 inches (67mm) diameter. If familiar, very close in size to a snus or dip can.

Pretty cool, pretty solid, likely waterproof due to the waxed-like inner rim of the top. If you have a need for something more durable than a cheap plastic snus or dip can, this is a great option for $8.00.

Just thought I’d share - not sure how long this has been (or will be?) available.

Happy & Healthy New Year to all!
ACB2EEDA-D173-43B4-9044-737B3CF5F047.jpeg

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
Yes! - but a little smaller in diameter, and no "flying saucer" shape - squared off...
I'm going to check now if a standard mason jar lid fits...

Reactions: Laurent and Casual

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
More likely an accessory to go with their recreational pipes.

Reactions: Laurent and Ctbill

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
More likely an accessory to go with their recreational pipes.

Sadly you are probably correct. Sigh.

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
'Embers...I completely missed your "recreational" reference... And, I think you are right as well.

But will work well for me for the low dose of brown leaf I consume too! ;)

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Isn’t it the same design other linked to in the other thread from The Pipery? Either copied from or he makes them for them, intended for tobacco. Different branded pocket jars have been popping up, pipe and tamper just posted branded ones:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Interesting. Is it intended first for pipe tobacco or chewing tobacco? For some reason, I can't get into the MM site, I suspect because my computer security has gotten ancient -- it opened easily for years. Neither the standard search nor sponsor link works.

Reactions: Laurent

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Interesting. Is it intended first for pipe tobacco or chewing tobacco? For some reason, I can't get into the MM site, I suspect because my computer security has gotten ancient -- it opened easily for years. Neither the standard search nor sponsor link works.
When it was handed to me, it made me thinking of my grandpas skol lol.