PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
For those of you that smoke cobs you can order the bit on the Freehand cob for $5 each and they also fit any of the other cobs.

This bit is higher quality and a wide fishtail style. IMO it is a really nice upgrade. You have to call MM and order it over the phone to

purchase it though. I suggest you try it....

It is similar to a "Forever Stem" in a way. I have a Forever Stem and like this better. The diameter of the stem is larger. With a Forever

Stem sometimes my pipe develops a gurgle because of the step down in size from the wood stem to the bit. This has not happened yet using the MM Freehand bit because of the larger diameter.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
That's good news, if it's either high grade plastic or lucite, because I can't use vulcanite. I'll have to check into this a bit more when I talk to Phil this coming week.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I got an unclearthur vulcanite stem for mine. It's a bit more money, but hey, it's an Uncle Arthur. He uses magic rituals to create his stems and virgin's blood is getting harder to find, these days.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
@tiltjlp

I was told it is not vulcanite. It is a high grade rubber/plastic compound similar to vulcanite.

They are a really nice upgrade in my opinion.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Jason I had to change the formula due to the extinction of those you mention. Unicorn horn is a lot easier to locate.

Status
Not open for further replies.