Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I have been remiss in posting in the "What are you Smoking" thread.
Last year, in Oct 2009, at the Richmond Pipe Show I purchased a tin of Cornell & Diehl's Mississippi Mud on Bob and Crag Tarlar's recommendations. I still hadn't opened it when this year's Richmond Show came around.
Again Bob and Craig both said, "You have to try this." So I finally did.
This is one of the most amazing blends I have ever smoked.
It is unique (as far as I know) as it has what I feel is a mixture of an English and an Aromatic.
Typically, Latakia and Perique are considered to be ingredients of an English blend. However, Cavendish is usually considered more on the Aromatic side.
Mississippi Mud has all three.
The tin aroma is very earthy. It is like taking a big whiff of potting soil.
It tastes like Black Forest Cake. Rich, sweet and FULL bodied.
It is the perfect marriage of English & Aromatic ... although it is a bit more on the heavier side and best smoked after a hearty dinner ... or in the afternoon if you don't have anything else planned.
It is truly amazing.
For the older guys in the audience, Mr. T says ..
mississippie-mud.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Thanks for theenticing review. I'll be at the B&M tomorrow and might as well add this to the growing order that's being placed for me. Dang; I used to just walk in with a pipe in one pocket and a tin in the other. Since I've joined this site I now carry a small suitcase for my daily visit.

wcrow

Lurker
Nov 2, 2010
I agree entirely, and heartily endorse Mississippi Mud. For that matter, I heartily endorse C&D of any style. Cheers!

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Ah hell, Mr T smokes a pipe, beats the hell out of Rocky, gets stoned before a flight and plays WOW! What doesn't he do?

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Thanks for the review, Kevin. WIll have to put this on my ever expanding "blends to try" list. I feel a TAD coming on......

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
Need to pick up everything they make so far every thing I tried has been good to great

puffpuff

Lurker
Mar 19, 2010
lol, that's funny.
I was just going to post something like:
I see that at my local JR Cigar every week, I think I'm going to buy it when I'm on vacation on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.