Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Dude right in the info they say it’s targeting black communities by getting rid of menthol. How is that not seen as racist, honestly? Eliminate cigarettes favored by a group of people but don’t touch Grandma Beth’s misty’s?!
Also, why do they say the risk is vaping but then include menthol cigs and flavored tobacco?!

this thing is like Swiss cheese

Reactions: homesteader

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
It doesn't have to make sense. All tobacco smoking is evil and kills children. Who cares how it's written if everything it seeks to ban is bad and evil? However, obviously, weed is good and should be legal.

Plus, haven't you noticed that there are far more kids walking around with a Savinelli full of Virginia Flake hanging from their lips than there are kids smoking pot?

Wait, I might have got that backwards....

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It didn't stick in California. I think it's going to the 2022 ballot for a vote but until then it's been blocked.

I think it's only a matter of time until The Village decides what's good for us and what isn't.
The Village People?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I think it's only a matter of time until The Village decides what's good for us and what isn't.
proxy-image

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
Same thing happened here in MA, started off with kiddies are on vapes, and then threw in flavored tobacco products as well. We got the same 'we're doing it for the black community' argument too.. citing some studies that showed that the majority of black Americans who smoke, smoke menthols.. somehow banning menthol cigs is going to magically make smokers kick the habit. The reality is they either move on to regular smokes, or just drive across the border to get what they need and the state loses that tax income go figure. If I could drive I'd be doing the same. It don't make no sense to me when flavored alcoholic drinks are still largely available and are being marketed towards younger adults, or that mj and flavored edibles are perfectly ok.. A lot of my favorite blends are no longer accessible to me, it's incredibly frustrating especially with the deeming laws looming over us, I'd like to be able to fill my cellar a little more.

Reactions: homesteader
Status
Not open for further replies.