PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Joel14

Lurker
Sep 9, 2024
Birmingham, AL
I'm new to pipe smoking and have been wanting to try some English blends. I figured I would start with something more on the mild end, and was wondering what you all would recommend? I've noticed that Peterson's EMP is popular as well as G.L. Pease Chelsea morning. Thanks in advance!

khiddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2024
South Bend, Indiana
blog.hallenius.org
Boswell’s Northwoods and Countryside are mild English/American blends that are almost crossovers with a bit of black cavendish that adds vanilla notes. Watch City’s Nor’easter is an English has that same light vanilla plus pine/woody notes for a pleasant array of flavors. All are tasty and have great room note as well.

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
EMP is a great start.

Chelsea Morning will give you a mild taste of Latakia, but isn’t an English blend. Virginia and Latakia, without orientals. Good blend, though.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

Strange Quark

Lurker
Nov 9, 2023
John Bull (Original). Burely/virginia base making it mild on the palate and also mild in the nicotine department. Just enough latakia but no orientals/turkish. Seasoned with English style black cavendish.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I'll toss in recommendations for Peterson Early Morning Pipe and Arango Balkan Supreme as well! Early Morning Pipe is more or less the quintessential mellow English, and Balkan Supreme is fairly similar but with less sourness from the Orientals and a little bit more body. It's still a really easygoing blend though, and more importantly quite tasty!puffy