PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
IMG_1220.jpegIMG_1221.jpeg
According the to the lady I bought this from this Micoli has been sitting in a box for over 25 years. I guess her deceased husband used to work at a local pipe shop. I read a little about Micoli but would appreciate any other information. On the box it was listed at 650.00 and again that was 25 years ago.

• Love
Reactions: Toast and Laurent

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Termite damage? :) Sorry, but I couldn't resist...

According to Jose Manuel Lopes in his book titled Pipes - Artisans and Trademarks Micoli was a, "North American brand of the now retired artisan Mic Burns, from Long Beach, California,"

Here is a link to the Micoli page on the pipedia.org Website. Lots of images of his pipes here.

How does it smoke? Please let us know.

Last edited:
Reactions: yanoJL and Laurent

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I had a Micoli pipe I bought new in about 1988 at a pipe shop in Long Beach CA for less than $100. I think they had it in their inventory for awhile and were glad to give me deal on it. It smoked great, but I could never get comfortable with the stem shape or the bowl either so after awhile I sold it. His pipes were very unique to say the least but were well made. I now own a secondary brand by him engraved "E. Oslo". I guess these were unstamped pipes from well know factory pipe manufacturers, that he then carved up in his unique style. Here's my pipe, so you can see what I'm talking about. To me, these look plenty odd too, but are easier to hold and it smokes just fine. Let us know what you think about how yours smokes.
FD5E2592-78A1-430E-8322-3DEBD2DEE7FC_1_201_a.jpeg

LudwigB88

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2023