Meerschaum P.A.D. - My Newest Acquisitions (PIC Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Here are my 3 recent acquisitions to the pipe collection. I got these 3 pipes for a steal of a deal, and am very pleased with my purchases.
Sadik Yanik Meerschaum Pipe:

CAO Egg & Claw Meerschaum Pipe (from 1982):

Thompson African Meerschaum Pipe:

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Very cool, all three of them. I'd love to see how the claw meer colors over time. :puffy:

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@jpmcwjr - Yanik's website and auction had it listed as an Apple; but it's a weird shaped Apple. Looks like a cross between an Apple/brandy shape and a volcano. It's really big with a good size bowl.
@ophiuchus - I'm very interested to see it color as well. A former YouTube Pipe Presenter (Old Pipe Pops) had a Bekler CAO egg and claw that he colored amazingly fast. After 4 months of smoking the pipe one would have thought he had been smoking it for 10 or more years. I couldn't believe how quickly it colored. It would be great if this one colored like his did.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@tschiraldi - Thanks! It's my understanding that the Thompson Meerschaum pipes were made by the Manx Meerschaum Company on the Isle of Mann (Great Britain). Back story is that my 3x Great Grandfather was Sir Hall Caine who was a famous author known as the Manx Man, and lived on the Isle of Mann. I thought it would be cool to own a pipe made by the Manx Meerschaum Company which was made on the Isle of Mann. Just thought it was interesting.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I really love the color of the Yanik, looks like it was dipped in honey, very cool. BTW Metalheadcigarguy, I very much enjoy your Youtube videos, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.