Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
They don't really have their own website, but the one given above by JPBerg is the closest they come. It was done by one of the Kansas City club guys to show some of their stuff.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
McClelland had a site for a short time a few years ago but they still mail me a brochure whenever they update their line. 8O

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I had the same observation. I wonder if they'r trying to stay off the grid or since tobacco is essentially a 2 or 3 tier business model, their website is geared towards their wholesalers or distributors, not the end customer.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Plenty of wholesalers have websites to show off their product, and then have tools to locate retailers near you by typing in your zip code.
It's crazy to not take advantage of every marketing avenue. But then again, maybe they feel the market isn't big enough to warrant such actions.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
At the risk of derailing the topic, it's also possible that the downsides of being visible on the internet are outweighing the advantages for McClelland - given the current state of legislation, anti-smoking campaigns, network security concerns, etc. Proper web services aren't cheap - and you'll note that even this site has the "Safe Surf" rating to alert various net nanny programs about our "adult" activity...

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
I sort of understand not having a big deal website from McClelland. They do not offer direct retail sales and their need for one is somewhat less I imagine. Or not...

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My guess would either be the legalities or as also mentioned the fact that they are mostly wholesalers who sell directly to retailers. I did enjoy the Mac Baren site and the video on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.