PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured guest on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is Marc Dion. Marc is a pipe smoking writer, journalist, and book author. He has been published innumerous times in magazines, newsletters, and, and was twice nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. You may have seen his writings in P&T Magazine and The Pipe Collector amongst others. In Pipe Parts, we have a new “Ask the Pipemaker” segment with pipe artisan, Jeff Gracik.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Marc-Dion.jpg

peacepipeman

Lurker
Feb 26, 2019
Does “The Pipe Collector” still exist? If so, how do I get it? I could listen to Marc all night….just excellent!! Peacepipeman, Art

Reactions: philobeddoe

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
The pipe parts segment really got my attention. I’ve been fiddling with mouth pieces and such in a slightly ham fisted manner for years with cheap pipes. This gave me some great guidelines for any future tinkering.

Mr Dion struck me as a fella I might like to have a drink and pipe with. I think we have a similar view on pipes and tobacco, and appreciate his easygoing nature. Also, his admiration for the muscular end of the working class. Thank you, sir for sticking up for us.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've always enjoyed Marcs articles in the NASPC newsletter. In fact it's always the first one I read when the latest newsletter arrives!

virginiapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
Virginia
Marc made for a very interesting interview and I’ll certainly be adding his Mill River Smoke to my reading list. Ask the Pipemaker was similarly interesting, although I’ll leave any pipe modifications to the experts for the time being. Thanks for another great episode!

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
I always read Marc’s articles in the NASPC newsletter. A great newspaper writer he always mentions being out and about with a pipe, a habit that my late grandfather had as well. Excellent conversation and show.

Jason

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Just a great show. Marc Dion is one on my favorite writers of this type. And the NASPC newsletter called the "Pipe Collector" is a "must read" in my house. It rarely makes it past the first day without being read from cover to cover.