Major Cigar Companies Pull out of 2019 (Premium Cigar Association) PCA Trade Show

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Just got this Email....With the world and the view on Tobacco...Corporate Image(Dunhill)...As what I am doing with Pipe Tobacco (Cellar) so I too with Cigars.

• Sad
Reactions: dcon

americaman

May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Huh. I would be interested in going to this show, regardless of these companies pulling out. I wonder if it’s industry only, like SHOT Show.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Fascinating. Clearly a power play meant to bring the show organizers to heel. Few industry shows can absorb a blow like this. Imagine an auto show for US manufacturers where GM, Ford, & Chrysler stayed home.

If this is a typical trade show the four companies who are balking have already sunk serious money into the next event. Their willingness to walk away from their deposits indicates profound dissatisfaction.

Reactions: philobeddoe

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Ah, to be a fly on the wall. We have the "official" story, now I cannot help but wonder what is not being said.

kanaia

Feb 3, 2013
I first attended a RTDA show in 1981 or 82 don't remember the exact year. It was held in San Francisco's Hilton Hotel's little ballroom. In those days it was mandatory to attend to get the show specials. In the last 5 or 6 years the manufacturers have been offering the same show specials on- line weeks before the show even starts. So because of that show attendance has dropped dramatically. With the cost rising and attendance going down every year the big dogs have decided it's not worth it anymore. With Altadis, Davidoff, General and Drew Estate pulling out I don't think there will be anymore shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.