Los Angeles Century City pipe shop that closed years ago?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchute

Lurker
Sep 16, 2014
Veteran LA pipe smokers: Trying to find info on a Century City (Los Angeles) pipe shop that closed -- might have been twenty years ago or more. The owner at the time told me the rent had been raised and he was hoping to set up a business selling collectible pipes online. The key for m is that he had the best store blend English mixture I've eve come across, and I'd like to find out if it's available somewhere. A long shot, obviously.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
dchute:
I believe that the correct name of that establishment was the Century City Tobacco Shoppe, and it was located in West Los Angeles. Your best bet for information concerning their English pipe-tobacco mixture might be to contact Richard Carleton Hacker. He patronized the store, and mentioned it in his book titled "The Ultimate Pipe Book." You should be able to reach him via e-mail at info@richardcarletonhacker.com.
Good Luck, and Good Smoking!

Mar 31, 2014
In your search, it never hurts to stop at the Tinderbox on Wilshire, if you're in the Century City area. Good luck and let us know if you come up with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.