PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
My awesome friend known as Chunkielamb, who you have seen in the B&M thread I made bought me an awesome pipe. I thought I would share a few pictures of it with you guys. It smokes great and it's my first rusticated pipe and also my first sitter style pipe. I love the way it looks and the way it feels in my hand when the bowl is lit. Anyone else own any Lorenzos?
3eafb8b9.jpg

1f0ad675.jpg

Oh, that's my Dunhill pipe rest, I have two of them - sadly I don't know where they came from or how much they originally cost. I got them off craigslist and have only seen one on eBay that went for around $60-80 for one!
PS: Can a mod move my thread to the pipe discussion forum instead of the general forum? I accidentally put this thread into the wrong subforum ;)

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Eh, I don't think which thread it is in is all that big a deal.

What is a big deal is how nice that pipe is! It's a galdurned beaut!

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Great looking pipe! I've come across half a dozen Lorenzo's in my time and all were great smokers. A very underrated brand!

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Nice pipe,....I've had a Lorenzo Prestigio Spitfire for many years now, it's a great smoker! Smokes as good as...or even better than most of my more expensive pipes. :mrgreen:

tinmanfromjbb

Lurker
Nov 7, 2011
I am so glad to have found this forum. I was looking at the Lorenzo Spitfire offered by The Right Pipe. I was completely unaware of the costs associated with pipes, however like all good things...
Anyway it is nice to read good things about a pipe that does not have such a huge price tag...I am currently looking at the Lorenzo Prestigio. Not exactly sure which I am going to buy...I guess according to the website I have to wait until the end of November so that gives me time.
Any suggestions? Any other websites I should view before making a choice?
I know there are probably threads here for this so forgive my questions, however does anyone have any pre smoke processes to make the first time more enjoyable? Cleaning? Etc...
I greatly appreciate everyone that I have read so far....

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Lorenzo pipes were top seller here in Italy during 70' and 80' because of the low cost.Nice shapes, good briar and usually medium-big sizes.Of course some filling but nothing bad.Nowadays it's easy to find them in the numerous flea market or antiques market for less than 12-13 bucks.Even if i don't usually smoke them i own many and consider that brand the best buy actually if you haven't planned a lot of funds for pipes

Maurizio

Status
Not open for further replies.