PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chapu

Lurker
Nov 1, 2015
Hello, gents! Over the past month or so I've been overcome by a serious case of PAD. Let's just say that my collection grew from 4 pipes to 15 or so in the span of a few weeks :-D I've been buying estates, some smoked and some unsmoked. I got some really nice things, but haven't had the time to properly photograph them to introduce them here. I'll get up to date on that soon, promise.
For the time being, let me show you my latest snatch: this rusticated straight dublin Lorenzo Connoisseur.
az8i2g.jpg

The shape caught my eye immediately. Look at the shank, oval and flat like a Canadian. And I find the rustication and colour absolutely beautiful.
2u56z3r.jpg

So, the curious collector in me would like to know when this pipe was made. I've Googled far and wide, but there's no much information about Lorenzo's pieces. Judging by this http://pipepages.com/75lorenzosc.htm I'd have to say it's a 751, but I'm not so sure. The underside is stamped 8588, which doesn't make sense with that chart.
bhccqb.jpg

Does any of you, gentleman, know anything else about this particular model? Maybe someone here is knowledgable enough about this brand as to make a guess of the approximate date.
Cheers!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very nice looking pipe. Here's a bit more info on the line. It's quite an extensive history. Tody's pipes range in price from about $40 to $100. I also attached a picture of my Lorenzo Titania.
https://pipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo
mO2EXta.jpg

chapu

Lurker
Nov 1, 2015
That's an astonishing piece, papipeguy! Is it a sitter? It looks mighty comfy, being a clencher I gravitate to pipes with full bends like that. Someday soon I'll get myself an Oom Paul :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.