PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

illicitdreams

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2010
I know most folks what to chase out a ghost around here, but I'm trying to see if I can track down the blend that made the ghost...
The note in the pipe is kinda sweet, a almost a coconut type scent, but not quite. There may also be a hint of vanilla. The scent is really kinda hard to describe. The pipe hasn't been smoked in a loooooong time, so the scent is there, but not super prominent.
I really like the note it has and want to find it, or a replica of it.

illicitdreams

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2010
I'll probably do that this weekend. Figured I'd post here see if I could get some possibles.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
There are a plethora of vanilla-flavored blends out there. All that I have tried won't ghost, so Villiger 1888 Mid Day is out (it was also released earlier this year, so that also makes it out), and if it's been a long while since it was smoked, I believe that takes out CAO Moontrance. Beyond that, I'm at a loss. On that note, though, neither of these blends should be missed... Particularly the Mid Day. Mmmm!
-Jason

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I've never had a vanilla aro ghost anything, but I've smelled some floral notes out of old estates and I've wondered if they saw some Oriental tobacs at one time or another.

illicitdreams

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2010
I took the advice and went to my B&M, they basically said it would be impossible to tell the exact blend. The tobacconist recommended a blend they had called Sailors Delight, as a close approximation to it. It so happens I asked about their version of Lane 1Q as I see it spoken of quite a bit on here, so I wanted to give it a shot as well, it so happens that it was the same blend.
So I bought a sample pack of it, and plan on giving it a go to see if it is indeed the ghosting blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.