PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
It's one of a series of special blends called Birds of a Feather blended by Per Georg Jensen. He's the guy that blended the MacBaren HH Line. There will be 6 total blends released in two month intervals starting in May.

heathandleaf

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2020
Tennessee
I just stumbled across this at my "local" B&M yesterday. I had one bowl today. First impressions: very thick and dark slices, similar to Sutliff Crumble Kake Red Virginia. Very light vinegar smell in the tin. Moist, but breaks apart nicely for easier lighting and loading. Initial light met with mild Latakia smokiness and pepper. Any vinegar note flashes off within the first three minutes of smoking. The flavors are mild and earthy in the first third of the bowl, but develop into a gently sweetened Balkan-style at mid-bowl and beyond with a perfumed smokiness that my wife enjoyed. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Sutliff blends as they tend to burn my tongue, but this was unique enough and enjoyable to be repeatable (and without bite).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
heath, that's a good brief review. It sounds kind of interesting, maybe not compelling an immediate order, but worth keeping in mind. It sounds like it could stand some time in the jar. Sometimes a so-so first bowl can become magic with some age.