PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Looking for someone who actually can play chess too play a game through email or (PM’s on this site) and occasionally talk about our great pipe hobby. Any takers?

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I play on redhotpawn.com, same name (yazamitaz) if you want to find me. You can send a message with each move as well.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I'm in if you want to PM me. Which form of notation do you like? I prefer the standard Algebraic:
1. e4 e5

2. Nf3 Nf6

3. Bb5 a6
but will also do Descriptive:
1. P-K4 P-K4

2. N-KB3 N-QB3

3. B-N5 P-QR3
Or we could use the earliest form of chess notation, thus:
The white king commands his owne knight into the third house before his owne bishop.
Favorite mate is Boden's mate (with only two bishops, and early in the game; comes out of NOWHERE!). PM me with a move if you want, which will make you white, and I'll send you my email addy. And you're goin' down!!!
PS I promise not to cheat.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I think this would be interesting, but why do it through PMs? Start a thread, and we can also note what we're smoking that day and others can follow what the players are doing, perhaps even PM suggestions or the like..... I'd be game for that, anyhow.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
The thread idea's OK with me, but I think receiving suggestions from folks would be a form of cheating and would taint the game. Besides, you couldn't then guarantee someone hadn't plugged your position into their favorite chess program to come up with a recommendation. Maybe post the moves after the game and see if anyone cared?

Status
Not open for further replies.