PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

H

HRPufnstuf

This pipe is unidentified and I am open to suggestions.

Its only markings are "London England" and centred below that "X".

My guess is a Brigham second, considering I bought it at Thomas Hinds in Winnipeg.

IMG_0020.JPG

It smokes nicely, nonetheless.

Thanks, in advance.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I thought Brigham was made in Canada until they moved production to Italy. I'd guess maybe a Britannia or Hardcastle second, but I'm only guessing.

H

HRPufnstuf

I admit to my own ignorance about Brigham, more humbling because I am Canadian. I do appreciate the insight , thank-you.🙄

Reactions: Tate and anotherbob
H

HRPufnstuf

I've been looking through some of your suggested manufacturers and the button and slit very much resemble those of Comoy. Quite a blocky bit.

Reactions: Tate
H

HRPufnstuf

Likely a Cadogen second of some sort. GBD, Comoy, etc.
Did some serious looking at recent Cadogan group manufacturers, BBB seems most likely, they have a "Chelsea" bent billiard that is the spitting image of the pipe I own, down to the saddle stem and heavy bit.

I appreciate the encouragement to research this, I am more and more impressed by the knowledge shared in this forum. Thanks for all the input, everyone. It's by no means a definite identification but I am pleased, it is a second, after all.

H

HRPufnstuf

I should have mentioned, this pipe is not very old, I've had it less than five years and bought it new. Sorry, very important detail to neglect.

I suppose it could sit for years not distrbuted and sit for years in inventory, but I bought it about five years ago.