PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Sounds like there is a lot of pain there loco. My suggestion is to rise above it and create a teaching moment to your kids (they sound like mine frankly). You could teach them that some people judge others and expect them to live their lives in a certain way. You could say "I am sure granny didnt mean to hurt your feelings. Isn't this a great lesson for us to learn about hurting someone's feelings even if we don't intend to?" What I wouldn't do is throw granny under the bus in front of the kids, even if you think she deserves it.
Rise above, teach your kids, move on and have a nice good smoke.

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
With real genuine Christianity there is love and caring NOT. Legalism. In my opinion folks who put rules of dogma in leu of love are nothing more than "clanging symbols""

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I am a christian but find it very difficult to br around other christians. So much hate and legalism. That was the beef with the fantasy stuff my boy reads its not "christian" .

I hear you, brother. It seems like the so-called Christians can hurt us the most.
With real genuine Christianity there is love and caring NOT legalism. In my opinion folks who put rules of dogma in lieu of love are nothing more than "clanging symbols""

Bingo!

Aug 1, 2012
With real genuine Christianity there is love and caring NOT. Legalism. In my opinion folks who put rules of dogma in leu of love are nothing more than "clanging symbols cymbals""
Fixed that for ya. Sorry it's the musician/teacher in me. I so want to get into the religious argument as I have more to say about it (personal) than many but I'm actually gonna shut my mouth. It's a rare occurrence but it's necessary.
@Loco. I truly feel for you. I will say this though and I'm sorry if it's out of line (feel free to yell at me if so). Grudges are heavy. Cary too many of them and you will be buried under the weight. Forgiveness and mercy are hard but remember, "Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy". (Dammit, I said I wasn't getting into the religious part...)

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
I dont have to throw her under the bus. I dont have to do a thing. She drove the bus up a hill put it in neutral and jumped in front while the kids watched . I havent said a word about it to the kids. Other than to assure them its just fine to be interested in fantasy books and movies as long as yourbhead is in the teal world when it matters, and that baby girl's clothes are just fine.

I will not risk my kids being treated this way ever so rather than be grudgeful. I choose now to let the old crone fade into the forgetfulness of years as they pass. I choose not to expose myself and my children to hate filled people and verbal abusers. Life is too short to suffer the miserable and as stated above poor breeding subjects us to family . Friends are chosen and make much better family than blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.