PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
This was the first Canadian pipe I ever bought and the first Linkman’s I ever encountered in the wild. I had read about them so recognized what it was and decided to pay the $8.95 asking price, lol. Glad I did. This one is one of my favorite vintage pipes and is a go to Virginia flakes and long smokes!

27B554D8-6F87-43A2-BBEC-B336D5B4AFED.jpeg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
This was the first Canadian pipe I ever bought and the first Linkman’s I ever encountered in the wild. I had read about them so recognized what it was and decided to pay the $8.95 asking price, lol. Glad I did. This one is one of my favorite vintage pipes and is a go to Virginia flakes and long smokes!

View attachment 202979
Amazing these pipes survived the near hundred years in such good shape.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Amazing these pipes survived the near hundred years in such good shape.
My thoughts exactly! The billiard was unsmoked but the Canadian was obviously well loved and well used and no shelf queen, but it cleaned up nicely. It wasn’t abused by any stretch but I know it was smoked a lot from the cake build up and by the incredibly tacky gawd awful homemade leather belt sheath / holster thingy that it came with - with the owner’s initials engraved on it!!! I mean, come on man, lol. Although tbh I don’t know exactly how one is expected to transport a long shanked pipe exactly, but I personally wouldn’t opt for the quick draw McGraw belt holster for anything other than perhaps a magnum revolver. I’d opt for a smaller or at least more compact pipe in the pocket, which is exactly what I do. Something less likely to get snapped in two or suffer much if accidentally dropped or banged whilst out bird hunting, working in the shop, camping, hiking, etc.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Any you guys have a patent holly court? My mate has a few pre-ww2 linkman’s and his favourite is the holly court.
Yes, I just checked and my new estate Linkman's is a Hollycourt.
I have a Linkman's Hollycourt Special Pat. No. 2073663 with a shape number 7023
This one is old enough to have the circle stamped on the stem. It's been worn down enough so I can see the dot in the middle of the circle.

It's another good smoker and the bottom of the stummel is flat so its a sitter. The previous/original owner must not have liked the stinger because the ball end was cut off when I found it.