PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Laudisi owns Peterson. Correct? But Peterson is a part of Laudisi that still makes Peterson pipes. It's kind of interesting that SmokingPipes had their YouTube and Instagram updated with Peterson Carroll of Carrollton Pipes, but Peterson didn't. How does that work? The pipe still carries Peterson stamp.

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Laudisi owns Peterson. Correct? But Peterson is a part of Laudisi that still makes Peterson pipes. It's kind of interesting that SmokingPipes had their YouTube and Instagram updated with Peterson Carroll of Carrollton Pipes, but Peterson didn't. How does that work? The pipe still carries Peterson stamp.
Were they made specifically for SPC?

Reactions: bullet08

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com

Yes, Laudisi Enterprises owns Kapp & Peterson. Kapp & Peterson makes Peterson pipes in Sallynoggin, a neighborhood in south Dublin.

No indication it was one off for SPC. It's indicated Peterson limited pipe.

This was a small-run US-exclusive--pipes went to about twenty different retailers, but all in the US--which is why they're not on Peterson.ie. Similarly, if Peterson makes an exclusive series for the German market (or wherever), those are similarly not available on Peterson.ie.

This is for a couple of reasons: 1) when Peterson does a market-exclusive, it can't offer them out of market, so we can't sell them through Peterson.ie, 2) Peterson.ie is really global and often market-exclusives exist because they make sense for a specific market (like when you name a pipe series for an obscure signer of the Declaration of Independence).

As for Youtube and Instagram for Smokingpipes, it's the kind of thing SP would talk about on those platforms regardless of brand. And since Josh happens to be in the US right now, he and I did the video together for SP. In this case, it was particularly convenient since the two of us were really the primary architects for the Carroll of Carrollton project (which would surprise exactly no one who knows us).

If it's helpful, the company staff list on our corporate site helps things to make sense. There's a tab for US-based staff and a tab for Ireland-based staff. The only really continentally ambiguous person there is Josh, who is on the Irish tab because he's Managing Director of Kapp & Peterson, but again resides in the US (and whose bi-continental work plan was foiled by Covid) following a couple of years in Dublin. Here's the link to that:

Sykes

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, ya snooze, ya lose. I'm a resident of the state of Maryland, and Charles Carroll was our first Senator (who was not obscure to me!) My wife works for one of our state Senators, so this was a good fit. The SP ad came thru whiel I was having another crazy day at work and I didn't think about it again until viewing this thread. Well, sold out, all 150 pipes. They were priced at $100 and $156. The only downside was an acrylic fish-tale stem no P-lip was offered.

1624532516153.png

sleepy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill, Florida
Well, ya snooze, ya lose. I'm a resident of the state of Maryland, and Charles Carroll was our first Senator (who was not obscure to me!) My wife works for one of our state Senators, so this was a good fit. The SP ad came thru whiel I was having another crazy day at work and I didn't think about it again until viewing this thread. Well, sold out, all 150 pipes. They were priced at $100 and $156. The only downside was an acrylic fish-tale stem no P-lip was offered.

View attachment 85763
Its not over for you yet...I was just looking for that pipe since it was sold out at SP I believe they still have some left at one of the other Pipe Sites on the web(can't remember which store but they had all but the Terracotta finish!

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Right. cup o joes has some sandblasts left and maybe one heritage. The heritage stain looks interesting to me and Peterson sandblasting has gotten much better. I just bought a heritage in this edition. While I prefer short pipes this is an attractive pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.