PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Kramers' Blend for Cary Grant to me is a real wow type of pipe tobacco. It's not over flowing with nuances and hints of this or that. It's a pretty straight mild English with a light aromatic topping. However it's one of those blends that to my taste is always very good. The thing is the blending of these two basic elements is done really perfectly. To my mind it seems like the logic behind this blend is that it's English and manly enough to fit in at the local watering hole with the guys, but your lady friend is going to be eager to let you smoke it while you spend time together at her place as in I literally think that was the key aim of this blend. You guys probably want to know more about the tobacco. Well it's light English which means there is just a hint of latakia smokiness and a nice leathery tobacco quality that is manly and sophisticated, the aromatic is constant but not over powering. It's still very tobacco forward. As far as what aroma has been added it's to my tastes some red fruit like cherry or some type of berry. Though I don't think it's specifically fruit as it has a slight alcohol taste similar to a fruity aperitif. I love this blend and intend to buy it in bulk. I've had more enjoyable smokes but the thing is this for me is a real everyday type of blend. It is complex enough to dote over and simple enough to just enjoy. And it's a real wonder because just like the man it was made for it's a particularly perfect blend of things that seem contradictory but work so perfectly. If I had to pick a blend for the mystical desert island this blend would be well in the running along with certain Miles Davis albums, because there is something about it that doesn't tire the palate and I could easily imagine smoking it day after day and still being happy to.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Nice job! Sounds pretty darn good
yeah it really is. And although I don't know how many others would love this. I find it hard to imagine someone not liking it at least a little bit. I think if everyone tried it they'd probably keep at least a bit of it in their cellar. It's really hits a certain spot really perfectly. I've tried a few cross over blends and rarely feel their that great or special. This one is precisely what I think a cross over should be.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I recently tried Father Dempsey. If I am not mistaken, Cary Grant is the same tobaccos with Irish aro (I am not sure if it is whisky or cream). I will probably have to give the other Kramer blends a try. Dempsey had a ”taste” I have not discerned in any other English blend and I have smoked hundreds. I am not quite sure what it was or, even, if I liked it. I will have to keep trying it to attempt to figure it out. Does anyone know if there is an ”unmentioned” topping to Dempsey? Perhaps it is a chemical that I cannot fathom or maybe some additional burley varietal which, I am not fond of in my English blends.

Thepipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2020
WV
I have some in a jar I haven't gotten around to yet. It seems just a little on the moist side compared to how I usually smoke my Englishes. How dry do you all smoke this blend?

Reactions: stogie37

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A lot of the icons of the screen had distinctive speech and mannerisms that would have seemed to limit parts for them but had the opposite effect. As a casting director, it is difficult to know how they knew Humphrey Bogart would be charismatic, with that strange mumbly brogue of his, but he sure was. Someone was paying attention and saw beyond the obvious. We all need that casting director, though mostly not for movie roles. Easy as pie to see peoples' flaws, more demanding to see what they can do excellently well.

Status
Not open for further replies.