PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

I just started smoking cigars the last week or two. I’ve smoked a pipe for about 6 years (just finishing up a can of 3 oaks syrian) but i think i caught the cigar bug... went through about 8 san lotano cigars so far... what would you recommend as a good cigar? looking for something a little stronger maybe... having a cigar as i post this

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: danimalia

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I’ve really been enjoying a box of the CAO Flathead 660’s. Lots of chocolate and coffee. They’re big boy cigars though. I always find its good to have some food in your stomach when smoking one of them.

Kilgore Trout

Nov 5, 2019
Oh boy, do you want to take the blue pill and go home or the red pill and see how deep the rabbit hole goes?

Try anything from Tatujae, My Father, Padron, La Aroma de Cuba, Crowned Heads, Don Pepin Garcia, Joya de Nicaragua Antanos are good, La Mission de L'Atelier 1959s are out of this world, Oliva make great cigars, San Cristobal, Liga Privada, CAO Brazillias are tasty, you can never go wrong with a Fuente, Drew Estate Undercrowns, AJ Fernandez New Worlds are great, and I love Alec Bradley Post Embargos. Tat should keep you busy for teh next year or two.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Padron, La Gloria Cubana, Oliva Serie G and V, AVO, Tatuaje, anything by Don Pepin (Pepin, 601, My Father, etc.)

Padron’s 1964 Anniversary Maduros are my favorite sticks ever made.

If you have access to Cubans then Trinidad Fundadores, Ramon Allones Specially Selected, and Bolivar Belicoso Finos.

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Take a look at Dunbarten Trust offerings. Sobremesa, Umbagog, Mi Querida - all
outstanding cigars and not real common. Certainly worth the coin. Also, PIO cigars. They are like Padron 64 & 26 series at about 2/3 to 1/2 the cost and are every bit as good, if not better. Fasten your seatbelt, as they are stout! LFD Capitulo I & II are amazing and great bang for the buck on a large cigar. Oliva V Melanios are also amazing, as are Ashton VSG's. All these are much better than the run of the mill 'premium' cigars.
These are what I fill my wineador with.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
I just started smoking cigars the last week or two. I’ve smoked a pipe for about 6 years (just finishing up a can of 3 oaks syrian) but i think i caught the cigar bug... went through about 8 san lotano cigars so far... what would you recommend as a good cigar? looking for something a little stronger maybe... having a cigar as i post this

I personally like candelas and Connecticut shade wrappers. I'd suggest checking out some of the candela wrapped sticks out there. Roma CroMagnon Fomorian is a good, higher end one.
Most of the cigars I smoke are cheap, though.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
I bought a 100 cigar humidor but didnt realize you are supposed to keep it half full, so i got a 20 box of Sancho Panza extra fuerte, and a 27 pack of Romeo y Julieta reserve... i also have 7 AJ Ferando San Lotano, 5 Camacho triple maduro, a Cohiba black, and 3 Java cigars... when i go to my cigar bar i will check on some of the cigars recommended here.. i cant afford to smoke $10+ cigars every day, but a couple times per week works... has anyone smoked the Romeo y Juliet reserve? I read good reviews so we will see

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
San Lotanos are wonderful, at least all the lines I've had. If you're looking for something stronger? The Dunbarton T&T Todos Las Dias and Roma Craft Neanderthal are ridiculous bell ringers. Joya de Nicaragua Antano, Tatuaje Black Label, Padron 1926, Illusione Ultra and Garagiste, Warped La Relatos, My Father Cedros Eminentes are all pretty full flavor/strength, but also great cigars. You're going to get more concentrated flavor and strength in thinner sizes, generally so look for coronas, lonsdales, and even panatelas. For example, the Tatuaje Black in the Cazadores and Petit Lancero sizes

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I bought a 100 cigar humidor but didnt realize you are supposed to keep it half full, so i got a 20 box of Sancho Panza extra fuerte, and a 27 pack of Romeo y Julieta reserve... i also have 7 AJ Ferando San Lotano, 5 Camacho triple maduro, a Cohiba black, and 3 Java cigars... when i go to my cigar bar i will check on some of the cigars recommended here.. i cant afford to smoke $10+ cigars every day, but a couple times per week works... has anyone smoked the Romeo y Juliet reserve? I read good reviews so we will see
This Romeo Reserve? If so, it's been a long time since I had one, but I remember it being a pretty good smoke.

cs-rhb.jpg

Sonorisis

Dec 24, 2019
Smoke a five pack of Chateau Fuente (preferably Maduro or Sun Grown) and call me in the morning.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Ive got about 120 cigars now, once I smoke some I will try some of these suggestions. Had a Trinidad Santiago today, that was a nice smoke.

On a side note I cracked anew pipe while removing the stem just now, its about a half inch so im in mourning and hope it can be repaired

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.