PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
These Kerr jelly jars are great little 8oz jars, and they come with stick-on labels. What I really like about them is how great they are for stacking. They are the perfect size for jarring a 100g tin. My wife picked them up at Walmart, a dozen for $6.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow. Great price. I just salvaged a set of jelly jars that we emptied, but I don't

think they have as good (secure) a lid. I'll look for these at Walmart.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I have some of the wide mouthed jars also. I love the way they look, but they don't stack as well. Some time back, I started using a paper plate for loading my pipes. I keep one on my shelf and just dump out a little tobacco and load my pipe from the pile over the plate. That way I spill loose tobacco on the plate, not my table. Then I just taco the plate and dump the leftover tobacco back in the jar. This eliminated my need for wide mouthed jars, because I don't load my pipes over the jars anymore.
Peace,

Bill

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I mainly use Kerr jars. They are pretty good for the cellar. The only downfall I noticed with the smaller ones is that the top opening is a bit tight when you get low into the jar. If you have bigger hands it makes it a little harder to get a pinch.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I recently loaded a dozen of those same jelly jars and like them a lot. The labels are decent too.
Sales are popping up on canning supplies folks, now is a good time to start picking this kind of stuff up.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Yep ... Just loaded 4 more jars today ... 1 lb. of HH ODF.
The flakes are too tall for these jars so I take scissors and cut them in half.
I don't use the labels though, a Sharpie pen on the top of the lid works for me.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
HH ODF. Thanks for the reminder! ...on the list for my next order.

Status
Not open for further replies.