PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I got a head ache trying to date. Slimline shape. Stamped on bowl: KBB in clover leaf, Drinkless, Kaywoodie. Reverse Suntan, Algerian Buyere, number 7066. Bowl bottom : Syncrosystem, Pat app. For. Stinger large ball with pat number. Now the mystery, the bowl bottom has 2 drill holes. Bottom outside of bowl also has a small U with ball tops. Stem has a large elongated clover. Transition pipe 1920’s or ?

Reactions: sablebrush52

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
66 (Streamliner EZ set)

Four digit shape numbers come in sometime around 1929-30.

PAT. APP. FOR. Usually dates to around 1929-1931 and is gone by 1932-33.

So I’d say your pipe is firmly 1929-1931
View attachment 267300
Thanks for the info. Pipedia said Suntan ( color) started in 1936 but the pipe is dark walnut. The site is a great reference but over the years have corrected same because I knew the makers. Also the second drill is inside the bowl. Maybe needed because of the very narrow oval bowl with the large ball stinger restricting draw.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Thanks for the info. Pipedia said Suntan ( color) started in 1936 but the pipe is dark walnut. The site is a great reference but over the years have corrected same because I knew the makers. Also the second drill is inside the bowl. Maybe needed because of the very narrow oval bowl with the large ball stinger restricting draw.
Operas and streamliners had dual draft holes to compensate for the oval bowl.

IMG_8571.jpeg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I got a head ache trying to date. Slimline shape. Stamped on bowl: KBB in clover leaf, Drinkless, Kaywoodie. Reverse Suntan, Algerian Buyere, number 7066. Bowl bottom : Syncrosystem, Pat app. For. Stinger large ball with pat number. Now the mystery, the bowl bottom has 2 drill holes. Bottom outside of bowl also has a small U with ball tops. Stem has a large elongated clover. Transition pipe 1920’s or ?
Wat the stamp "Algerian Bruyere" or "Aged Bruyere"?

Reactions: captainsousie