PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

lithicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2023
Pennsylvania
I recently picked up this Kaywoodie and can’t determine when it was made. It’s stamped Kaywoodie Drinkless, imported briar and 42. Looks like a four hole stinger. Maybe someone could chime in and help? Thanks!
That's not a 4 hole, that's a 3 hole. I believe that would make it 1950s or later. I'd have to dig around for more information from when I bought my oldest kaywoodie months and months ago. The 2 digit number should help narrow things down more.

Reactions: Kobold

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
That's not a 4 hole, that's a 3 hole. I believe that would make it 1950s or later. I'd have to dig around for more information from when I bought my oldest kaywoodie months and months ago. The 2 digit number should help narrow things down more.
Ah okay. Thanks for the info I appreciate it!

lithicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2023
Pennsylvania
Ah okay. Thanks for the info I appreciate it!
Ofc! Looks like the 42 is a medium apple made between 1927-1972. Given the 3 hole stinger which my notes say is 1955, that narrows it down quite a bit. Kaywoodies are difficult to date.

Beautiful pipe though! The black clover was supposed to indicate their better briar.

Reactions: Kobold

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
Ofc! Looks like the 42 is a medium apple made between 1927-1972. Given the 3 hole stinger which my notes say is 1955, that narrows it down quite a bit. Kaywoodies are difficult to date.

Beautiful pipe though! The black clover was supposed to indicate their better briar.
Oh wow that’s good to know! Thanks again!