PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@Chasing Embers : Just to save me the google search how did Darwin die? As an after thought I love your new avatar. I know I am going to regret this but what is it?
He knowingly consumed toxic substances for an upset stomach, arsenic and such. Congestive heart failure was listed as his cause of death but the things he consumed could've easily caused it.

• Love
Reactions: condorlover1
Jun 9, 2018
England
Whilst this is a rather sad story this fellow certainly went out with a bang on his favorite holiday!

"McGrew had placed a large firework on the top hat he was wearing, before lighting it - causing the device to explode."

I don't see how this accident could've been foreseen😐

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Knew few people missing part of hands due to fireworks. But this is the first where someone put a massive firework in a top hat lit. Is the wife suing the top hat company for selling the hat with out the warning? She should. Another news spin we can laugh smile about.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I have been a pyrotechnic operator for 29 years. It never ceases to amaze me at things people will do with consumer grade fireworks. I do not want to hijack this thread so look up Crescent City fireworks accident. We watched the carnage from the jetty where we fired our show from. It was very sad to see the shit blowing off at ground level knowing the beaches were packed and people were getting hurt.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
He knowingly consumed toxic substances for an upset stomach, arsenic and such.
My Dad (who will turn 102 in November) used to take a propriety Chinese medication regularly for an upset stomach.
He stopped doing so when I pointed out that arsenic was one of the ingredients listed in small print :rolleyes:
Perhaps the arsenic was used in homeopathic doses