PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured guest on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is Jon David Cole. JD is the Owner/Tobacconist at The Country Squire in Jackson, MS, and the accompanying online store. We’ll have JD and Brian talking about what’s new at the store and in the business in general, including Scandinavian Tobacco Group’s acquisition of Mac Baren. At the top of the show, Brian will discuss pipe shows, pipe show organizing, and the Las Vegas International Pipe Show.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Jon-David-Cole.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for the run down and bit of behind the scenes on the Las Vegas International Pipe Show. It’s always a great time to attend, but I never realized how much work and money was put into putting it on.

Always great to hear from Jon David. I recently ordered the Fantasy South sampler and a few other of their house blends. Happy to support a fantastic B&M and great guys in Jon David and Quinn. Quinn if you’re listening, maybe we can get a new blend called Fidorka?

Thanks for the breakdown on the STG acquisition of Mac Baren/Sutliff. Sutliff is doing some great things these days, so I too hope they let them continuing on like normal.

Can’t wait to see everyone at the show in Vegas in October!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Thanks for such a thorough rundown of the LVIPS. As you were talking I would catch myself asking "well what about X?" and you proceeded to answer every question. I assumed you and Dave in Lax (as you initially called him) were doing this as part of your work so I was shocked to find out it's just a passion project. Thanks for serving the community this way! (By the way, what do you do for work besides the show?)

JD is always a treat to listen to, always positive and honest. I didn't realize Henrick has died and that makes complete (and completely tragic) sense that Mac Baren was sold.

Regarding guests, I'd love to hear an interview with an artisan carver who decided to hang up their lathe. I don't mean guys like Rad Davis or JT Cooke but guys who carved for a 5 or so years then called it quits. I'd be interested to hear if it was a loss of passion or something else that made them stop.

Reactions: jbfrady