PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Has anyone around here smoked these before? I've had one for a while that looks as old as the hills, but haven't got around to smoking it.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have one....

It's in the middle; the light colored pipe with the flat bottom "sitter".

It is Jobey "Sunburst".

I used to hate it... but, since my time (well spent) on Pipesmagazine.com I have come to appreciate it.
MyDadsContribution.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
@Oldmaus,
As it so happens I'm smoking Haddo's Delight in it right now; a VaPer w/Cavendish and Burley.
At first I didn't like the screw in stem, or the stinger, and it always bit like a junk-yard dog.

So, I set it aside.

I became a member of this site and realized that there was more to smoking a pipe than just stuffin' and puffin'.

It was then that I began to realize and identify some of the mistakes I had made while smoking it. I learned that I couldn't treat it like my Bjarne Free Form and smoke it hard. So, I removed the stinger (something that I didn't know I could do), and changed my smoking philosophy toward this pipe.
It requires a light draw and a VaPer or an English blend. I do however smoke 1Q in it from time to time. It is a light and delicate pipe, not a large frame free form.
I had to simply use a different mindset when smoking it. It still isn't one of my very favorites, but with some attention it does produce a good smoke.
Live and learn....

obelus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Portland, OR
I wish I could be that adaptable. But I'm not so it's always the pipe or the tobacco's fault when something goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.