Jim's C&D Warped: Scarecrow 2024 Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh Neerup Pipes
New Cigars
15 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
This goes on sale Friday the 11th. Since these small batches usually go on sale at 6 p.m. EST, I assume this will be released a Smoking Pipes then.

The matured, potent white burley provides an abundance of earth, wood, nuts, floralness, sour sharpness, mild spice, vegetation, and cocoa as the lead component. The aged red and red/orange Virginia cavandishes produce plenty of tart and tangy citrus, grass, bread, sugar, some tangy ripe dark fruit, earth, wood, floralness, vegetation, slight sour vinegar, and a pinch of spice. They are not far from being co-leads because of their inherent sweetness. The aged air cured dark burley offers some earth, wood, bread, nuts, sugar, light molasses and a pinch of spice in a support role. The sugary, grassy black cavendish mostly acts as a flavor carrier. The port wine, vanilla, caramel and light chocolate toppings more than moderately tone down the varietals by a notch or two without drowning them out. The strength is a step past the center of medium to strong. The taste is a rung past the overall strength level. The nic-hit is a couple of slots past the medium mark. It won’t bite or get harsh. Has a few small rough notes. This mildly moist crumble cake is as soft as any I have encountered, and needs no dry time. It is a deeply rich, ruggedly punchy, and well balanced with nuanced complexity. It burns cool, clean, and slow with a mostly consistent sweet and sour, nutty, fruity, wine, floral, spicy flavor that extends to the pleasantly lasting after taste. The room note is tolerable to strong. Leaves little dampness in the bowl. Requires a few more than an average number of relights. Not an all day smoke, and I suggest a round, small to medium bowl for this blend. It’s a little stronger than the previous versions with a higher burley presence. Four stars out of four.
©Jim Amash 2024.