PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The tart and tangy citrusy, earthy, woody, toasty, floral and incense-like, herbal, spicy, mildly grassy, vegetative, sour, smoky cigar-ish, slightly clove-like Indonesian Kasturi is the lead component. The five distinct flue cured Virginias provide plenty of tart and tangy citrus, grass, wood, earth, bread, sugar, floralness, vegetation, some tangy dark fruit, sour lemon, and light spice as supporting players. The spicy Saint James perique offers earth, wood, stewed plums, figs and raisins. Its effect is a notch below the aspects of the earthy, woody, nutty, toasty, mildly smoky, floral, dryly sour, barbecue sweet Kentucky. The light barbecue note is in the background. The Kentucky and perique are a rung or two above the condiment line. The creamy, sugary black cavendish adds a bit of sweetness as it tames some of the rough edges. So does a very lightly applied fruit-like essence. The strength is medium. The taste is a step past that mark. The nic-hit is a point below medium. There is no chance of bite or harshness. This crumble kake easily breaks apart. Doesn’t need much dry time, Well balanced with nuanced complexity, it burns cool, clean and a bit slow with a consistent, deeply rich, tart and tangy fruity, floral, herbal, spicy, mildly savory, sour, smoky, creamy flavor. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, and requires some relights. Has a mildly lingering pleasant after taste, and stronger room note. It’s really not an all day smoke, but is more repeatable than one would expect. Four stars.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The tart and tangy citrusy, earthy, woody, toasty, floral and incense-like, herbal, spicy, mildly grassy, vegetative, sour, smoky cigar-ish, slightly clove-like Indonesian Kasturi is the lead component. The five distinct flue cured Virginias provide plenty of tart and tangy citrus, grass, wood, earth, bread, sugar, floralness, vegetation, some tangy dark fruit, sour lemon, and light spice as supporting players. The spicy Saint James perique offers earth, wood, stewed plums, figs and raisins. Its effect is a notch below the aspects of the earthy, woody, nutty, toasty, mildly smoky, floral, dryly sour, barbecue sweet Kentucky. The light barbecue note is in the background. The Kentucky and perique are a rung or two above the condiment line. The creamy, sugary black cavendish adds a bit of sweetness as it tames some of the rough edges. So does a very lightly applied fruit-like essence. The strength is medium. The taste is a step past that mark. The nic-hit is a point below medium. There is no chance of bite or harshness. This crumble kake easily breaks apart. Doesn’t need much dry time, Well balanced with nuanced complexity, it burns cool, clean and a bit slow with a consistent, deeply rich, tart and tangy fruity, floral, herbal, spicy, mildly savory, sour, smoky, creamy flavor. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, and requires some relights. Has a mildly lingering pleasant after taste, and stronger room note. It’s really not an all day smoke, but is more repeatable than one would expect. Four stars.
darn you and your refined and reliable palate. Your review could have just read. Hey Bob your gut instinct on this one, spot on. Sounds great. Thanks man.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I have several adjectives for you, but they'd all be censored!!! nnnn :ROFLMAO:?
Well, by all means, don't edit yourself. I'm a big boy... ;)

All levity aside, I've been buying limited this, small batch that, etc. for several years now, and I have a backlog. 99.5% of all that remains unsmoked. My wife thinks I'm going through a late middle age crisis, lost my marbles, etc.

I does sound like a tasty blend. And I do find oriental/turkish tobaccos intriguing.

I guess this year I had to ask myself how much is enough...