PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
462 in the first edition:

Will we break 1000 again for the 3rd month in a row?
Just in case you didn't know....

There is snow on the ground in 49 states, including Hawaii.

The exception being Florida.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Morning Lawrence. :)
067 Bayou Morning in a big Peterson Aran bent. With a cup of strong black coffee. :D

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Morning Tommy!
3rd Turkish coffee. 8O

The last of my McClelland; Dominican Glory in my Johs Bulldog.

I'm going to miss this until I can get some more. :crying:

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Good morning. It's Deluxe Navy Rolls in the Konya Meerschaum. Best to all.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
As always Captain Black "white" its my go to baccy, and I always have plenty around...

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
2 bowls of PS Luxury Twist Flake in a Stanwell Colonial bulldog, and

1 bowl of same in a sandblasted GBD Prehistoric bent pot.
Good day to all.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I have not been diligent about posting this month so far, but as soon as I get off the bus I am going to relight some Royal London Dock in my 5101 Kaywoodie yacht.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I couldn't wait to try it, even though it puts me at my 3-bowl-per-week maximum: I just received a vintage Chacom that I picked up on a lark and my sample of 'Sweet Briar' from Sterlings. DAMN! :puffpipe: I think I just got really lucky, because the pipe smokes incredibly sweet right out of the gate, as does the tobacco--I may have to dedicate them to each other, in fact. Even the colors are just perfect for each other!

My completely amateur review:

In the bag: small light flakes of a honey-lemon aroma, not too rich, not too complex; if you have a leather sofa next to a wooden table that you just cleaned with Murphy's oil soap and a spritz of Pledge, then bottle that smell, this is it.

Charring light: took to the flame nicely, not a voluminous cloud but a healthy puffy start; taste is a lot milder than the smell and entirely pleasant.

Throughout: Stayed lit with great ease especially considering my beginner abilities. Burns slow and steady, flavor gaining some weight from mid-bowl to bottom. Ash is loose and light; must be careful not to over-tamp (that's my bad).

Room Note: I actually smoked this outside, and received 6 separate, unsolicited comments on how sweet and nice it smelled. Imagine that on a sidewalk!

Overall: The taste, coupled with the remarkable service (as noted extensively on this forum) from Sterling has garnered another customer. I'm filling in my order sheet for a pound of this and a sample of a few others.

The Chacom: I reckon it's a Canadian with a tiny forward sweep, oval shank and a peculiar tapered saddle bit (acrylic by the feel of it). Smokes SUPERBLY--in fact it far exceeds my technical skill. This bowl was one of those epiphany moments that made me realize what smoking a pipe is all about. I had purchased this for resale (I got it at a steal) but it's not leaving my rotation now.
sweet%20chacom.JPG

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Tried a sampling of Peter Stokkebye Bullseye Flake. Pretty tasty stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.