PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
During their recent Leap Year sale, I ordered a Falcon pipe from Iwan Ries, a purchase I'd been toying with for years. I ran into this minor glitch. When they sent me the notice that the pipe had been shipped, the email was not from Iwan Ries, but from Kevin Levi. It should have rung a faint bell, but there is so much spam mail sent from strangers or borrowed names of relatives and friends, I immediately deleted it, to avoid exciting further attentions from the world of crooks we all deal with on a weekly basis. But it kept bothering me. Before I deleted my vast accumulation of trash, I went back to see, and sure enough, I remembered Kevin Levi is a member of the family ownership of Iwan Ries, and this was a notice about shipping my order. Just so you know. Iwan Ries used to be a Forums sponsor, and maybe they will be again ... at least old friends of the family.

Reactions: dcon

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
All the correspondence I've ever received from Iran Ries has been from Kevin. All packages from them have come with his name as return address.

I, too, have made some mistakes by deleting stuff too quickly. It's part of the world we live in these days...... sadly.

Reactions: dcon and 3rdguy

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
During their recent Leap Year sale, I ordered a Falcon pipe from Iwan Ries, a purchase I'd been toying with for years. I ran into this minor glitch. When they sent me the notice that the pipe had been shipped, the email was not from Iwan Ries, but from Kevin Levi. It should have rung a faint bell, but there is so much spam mail sent from strangers or borrowed names of relatives and friends, I immediately deleted it, to avoid exciting further attentions from the world of crooks we all deal with on a weekly basis. But it kept bothering me. Before I deleted my vast accumulation of trash, I went back to see, and sure enough, I remembered Kevin Levi is a member of the family ownership of Iwan Ries, and this was a notice about shipping my order. Just so you know. Iwan Ries used to be a Forums sponsor, and maybe they will be again ... at least old friends of the family.
hahahah this happened to me with my order a few weeks ago.
I was like "WHO THE FUCK IS KEVIN LEVI?" rotf

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It has been a while since I ordered from IR, and when I was doing business more regularly, and during some of my bouts of PAD, I never heard from Kevin Levi, so I think I knew the name only from maybe articles about Iwan Ries. I almost called them on their toll free line, but I decided they're experienced business people (to say the least) so they have decided that Kevin will be the corporate persona. So be it.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I'm sure the account is just set up in his name.

It just makes no mention of Iwan Ries in the notice so I had to google the name and IRC started popping up all over and I figured it out.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Falcon (pipe) arrived today with full notice of delivery provided by the tracking, sending me out to the curb mailbox to pick it up. It's a handsome little devil, and eventually I will no doubt post my impressions of it. I'm glad a waited for a good deal on the darker-shank version of the pipe, which appeals to me more than the bright aluminum, but is fundamentally the same pipe. PAD!

• Love

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
BROBS, I noticed the box the pipe came in had been opened and taped closed, and I found two little rings made out of pipe cleaners in the zip locks the bowl and stem came in, so IR had helped me out, in case I forgot. I'd watched the youTube on Falcons, so I already knew how to make the rings out of pipe cleaners so as not to buy the rings. I may be one of these people who smokes without the pipe cleaner rings and just wipes out the hydrodome every smoke or three. I will see. With my habits of drying tobacco and not seeming to get many gurgles in any of my pipes, it may just not be necessary. I'll wait a while, and some some bowls, before reporting back on it. It's a nice light weight pipe with sufficient bowl. I think it will make a good addition to the rack. I like its looks, low-key and snappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.