PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
To pipe restoration! Now that I have a method down that is not only easy and chemically safe but extremely effective, I find restoring dirty old pipes slightly more engaging than actually smoking one. Good lord, why didnt anyone tell me that this was so much fun?! Scrubbing and waxing brown stems till theyre black and shiny, putting a salt and alcohol treatment in right before you go to bed and rushing downstairs in the morning to see how much tar has been drawn out, taking a bristle cleaner and scrubbing the shank till its nice and clean, waxing the bowl till its nice and shiny. I cant get enough! Ill post pictures as soon as I have a few more done.

Jul 15, 2011
Actually, Unclearthur, I have you to thank for my current method. Your suggestion on a previous thread of an oxyclean soak followed by a magic eraser is super simple and effective. I am in the process of restoring two beautiful estate finds and they are already looking superb. I feel as though your advice should cost me something, anything. What kind of tobaccos do you like? :lol: Seriously, what do you like? I might have something you could take off my hands.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I cant seem to find the thread you speak of. If you have posted on it could you link it up for me? I have a mess of estate pipes that I need to clean up and this sounds like a cheap way to get it done!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Link to thread: The Effects of Oxidation
Just as a side note, if you click on a member's name under their avatar, you can see all of the recent threads they've commented on and the ones they've created.
-Jason
*EDIT* AND I'm late again...

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
sleep.gif
ZZZzzzz... Snrk!
Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.