PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
The ones I remember being instant favorites from either half a bowl in or sooner:
GLP Quiet Nights
Sutliff Crumble Kake English #1
Escudo Navy De Luxe
GH&C Ennerdale Flake
MB HH Burley Flake
MB Navy Flake
Savinelli Jupiter
C&D OJK

I have other favorites, but some of them took a few bowls for me to decide. All of my instant favorites are still current favorites too, except for one.

SPC Plum Pudding special reserve (plug version) was an instant love at first bowl. Now, it's barely in my favorites. I picked up a tin of the flake version, which I haven't gotten to yet, but that'll be a deciding factor as to whether or not it stays in my favorites. So I didn't include it in the "love at first bowl" list, and it's the only one that's been that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scottmi

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Solani ABF
Wessex Burley Slice
Hal O The Wynd
PS LNF
Old Toby
Scottish Mixture
PS EOS
SPC Plum Pudding
and yes, Loch Lomond is a goodie I agree.

mwsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2017
Dunhill 965 and Prince Albert were love at first smoke.

Mac Baren flakes, both Navy and ODF took a little time to appreciate.

I liked Lane 1Q a lot, but grew tired of it very quickly, and relegated it to a blending tobacco for improving room note when smoking around non-smokers.

Haddo's Delight became a favorite after the second tin I smoked when it was first released.

EchoPlex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2023
Finally tried SPC Bourbon Barrel Aged Plum Pudding last night and will add this to my instant faves. The barrel influence on the blend is fantastic and really elevates PP to something special, imo. The complexity and change over the course of the bowl was impressive. Layer upon layer of flavors to be coaxed and explored. Fun blend.

Reactions: Scottmi

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Finally tried SPC Bourbon Barrel Aged Plum Pudding last night and will add this to my instant faves. The barrel influence on the blend is fantastic and really elevates PP to something special, imo. The complexity and change over the course of the bowl was impressive. Layer upon layer of flavors to be coaxed and explored. Fun blend.
I really like that one too. Scratches my Cognac Mixture/ Pembroke itch and find they took the idear of FMC and made it better, more full bodied and flavor to my taste. I guess I too could classify this as an instant favorite. After one pipe I got online and ordered 5 more tins. I don’t smoke it often but it’s a nice treat.