PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I have recently acquired and sampled the new Chacom #4. It is a VaPer Flake. The tin says that it is produced by K and K. The tin opens to nicely pressed flakes, packaged like MB HH flakes and/or Wessex flakes. I just did the fold and stuff to get a first taste in a smaller meerschaum. I wished that I had used a bit larger pipe because the flake really stuffed the pipe. The manufacturer’s description is “medium in strength and rich in flavor”. I find that, pretty accurate. It has a little pepper and a little plum but, I believe that I am going to quit relying on food terms for most of my conclusions. I don’t have the greatest food palate and, I find that, any blend with Perique has this, just in varying degrees. I will attempt instead to compare it to similar blends. It falls on a strength scale substantially below a Bayou Morning Flake. It is a bit stronger than a St. James Flake. It truly is right down the middle in strength. I would not call it rich but, it is flavorful. I would say that it is similar in flavor to the Peterson version of Elizabethan in taste (do remember that, I prefer the Match). If you like that taste but, would perhaps prefer a flake this one may be for you. It is currently only $8.21/50g at site sponson SP. I believe it is worth a try if your VaPer tastes occasionally roam down the center. It might also be a stock up item for aging while the tins are cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.