Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
I was lucky enough to get a Person System pipe for Christmas. I have to say I am really impressed with it. I wasn't sure how well the chamber design would work as I got the straight (Shape 31) version. The "p-lip" took a little getting used to, but I also like that now I have got the hang of it. I can see more Peterson System pipes on my pipe rack in the future.

smokenscotch

Nov 23, 2011
Nice to hear, any pics of that pipe? I wanted to try that System Pipe but I've heard mixed reviews. Glad you like it, perhaps I'll go for it and buy one soon.

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
I only have one in my collection and I'm looking forward to more. I don't necessarily want/need the P-lip, but it brings something different into my rotation.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
It seems like one of those things that you either hate or love. I love Peterson System pipes and the p-lip, I always have a great smoke with them.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm a big Pete fan. Love the P-Lip. A system pipe is next on my Peterson PAD, but having a hard time deciding between a Pete system 313 rusticated and a Savinelli Miele 611. I've heard good things of both. Bonus for the Sav is the honey dipper shaped tamper that's included. Well, I have until February to make up my mind. Congrats on the Pete.

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
Amen to tobakenist. My first Pete was a neat little meerschaum purchased in Savannah at about that same time frame. Great pipes by a great maker.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Love the Peterson system for its function. I love those P- lips too. But I never much cared for the metal bezel. The only system pipe I have is a 315 calabash with the extra large bowl.

Peterson-1.jpg

I smoke this pipe often, especially on humid mornings.

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
Yes i too love the peterson pipes have about 12 of them now !! love em & you will too!! :clap:

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The only gripe I have with the Peterson system pipes I have is that they have to be thoroughly cleaned after each smoke (especially the system part) and then have to dry much longer than other pipes.

vroomfondel

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2011
Zurich
Gotta join the choir in singing the praise.
Even though I have had some issues with the engineering of some of their pipes, I am totally in love with their spigots, silver caps and system pipes. And cleaning the system pipes with a cotton swab makes it much easier than with folded pipe cleaners.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I scored on Christmas too. My wife got me a 303 Ebony System with a fish tail bit. I expected it to smoke hot since it's black laquered but it stays nice and cool. Those Irishmen know what they're doing.

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
Received my first Pete for XMas as well and it led me to this conclusion:
Irish pipes, Scotch whiskey and American motorcycles are the 3 things that are going to keep me sane!! :D

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Opps- Sorry, I forgot about posting a picture of my new Peterson Pipe. So far, I haven't had any issues cleaning out the chamber using a cotton buds. That might be due to the straight design making access nice and easy. So - here's the picture.
6636178631_4ce16f6553.jpg

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
This may have been discussed in an earlier thread, but do straight System pipes even HAVE a "chamber"?

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Bigvan = It was discussed before because I asked the question before asking "Santa" to bring me one! :lol:
Yes the straight Peterson System pipe does still have a chamber below the bowl. The stem also has an extension that runs inside the shank and past the air hole in the bowl. This seems to act like a condenser as the smoke hits the metal extension as soon as it leaves the bowl. The chamber means that the stem doesn't fill up and gurgle, unlike most pipes that have a condenser fitted. I have been very impressed with the pipe so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.