PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I'm fairly new to to buying on eBay myself, and I'm still mystified by sellers who don't even take the dust off their estates. You don't have to know anything about pipes, or selling for that matter, to get that a cleaner item will look better. Not like I'll tell them that.
Great score! Looking forward to the after-pics.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Yea Mike. I was such a little girl on the Ef eBay thread. I had money that I never have and wanted a pipe right then. Well if I would have won any of those pipes that I lost I would have one nice pipe. I have spent 60 dollars and got 7 pipes instead of one and 4 of them are 50-100 dollar pipes. So I will be holding my tongue, or fingers rather, next time I get irritated with eBay!!!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I think you did extremely well. As others have said, you got your money's worth with the tools. If that GBD is older, it is probably made of Algerian briar which smokes very dry. Cleaned up, you probably made your money back ten times over.
eBay is fickle and I mostly lose out what I bid on. Every so often you get lucky though, as you did above. Enjoy the pipes Shawn and let us see some pics when you get them cleaned up.
Oh, since you mentioned you are from Central Ohio, the fella that owns Timba was talking about starting a pipe club up to meet once a month at his shop. It is pretty nice, I met BentMike and Hawke there this past Saturday. There is a nice lounge upstairs to watch the game on. Plenty of comfortable seating and we can smoke our pipes!
Mike

caliban

Lurker
Aug 11, 2012
Sometimes, I really love eBay! Most of the time, now that I have gotten some experience buying pipes.
I recently bought a Corteccia di Mauro Armellini for $35.00, a beautiful pipe, but cheap because it had a thin crack in the stem not involving either end. I applied a line of superglue on the crack, which dried shiny to match the lucite and so dar so good. Love this beautiful, cool smokng sandblast. Don't know how to upload pictures yet, though.
Those pipes will clean up nice. I don't mind cleaning pipes either. Peaceful work.

Status
Not open for further replies.