PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Aug 11, 2024
Hey everyone

Been lurking for awhile, đź‘‹

Anyways I have this issue that’s been bugging me. I bought a barely used second hand Kirsten a while back, which I was very excited for. But the draw is too tight for my liking, and I don’t find myself reaching for it as a result. I love the aesthetic, but don’t care for that tight draw.

Is it just the one I have? Anyone else have a similar experience?

Auxsender

Lifer
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
I have no idea about those pipes but I do believe a skilled pipe technician can open the draft up. I like Tim West.
I’m sure there are countless others I’m unaware of that are skilled in draft widening.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Slidell, LA
The first thing to check is the valve on the front. It can be removed for easy cleaning of the pipe. The valve on mine has a hole on it that has to be aligned with the draft hole for the bowl. If it isn't then it will restrict the draw. (I speak from experience as the first time I smoked a Kirsten it wasn't aligned properly and it wouldn't draw.)
You should also check the bowl screw to make sure it's not clogged.
The top item is the bowl screw.
Middle is the front valve showing the whole
Bottom is the Kirsten pipe.
The valve hole has to be aligned with the draft hole in the Kirsten body.

KirstenParts093024.jpg

Reactions: MattRVA
Aug 11, 2024
The first thing to check is the valve on the front. It can be removed for easy cleaning of the pipe. The valve on mine has a hole on it that has to be aligned with the draft hole for the bowl. If it isn't then it will restrict the draw. (I speak from experience as the first time I smoked a Kirsten it wasn't aligned properly and it wouldn't draw.)
You should also check the bowl screw to make sure it's not clogged.
The top item is the bowl screw.
Middle is the front valve showing the whole
Bottom is the Kirsten pipe.
The valve hole has to be aligned with the draft hole in the Kirsten body.

View attachment 339013
Thanks, I’ve thoroughly gone over it when I first got it. Everything is clear and clean.

Do you notice your Kirsten’s draw is different than other pipes?

Mine is absolutely smokable, it’s just a littttttttle tighter than average.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Slidell, LA
My Kirsten is pretty open.
The only thing I didn't mention previously is running a pipe clean through the metal tube/stinger.