PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Many times I post photo links to ImgBB in my thread comments. Over the past few days I've noticed that they seem to show up inconsistently in the thread.

When I post the comment, nothing will show up, and when I use edit to look at the post, the HTML I pasted in is not there.

I've repasted the HTML and saved the comment, only to have the same result.

After several hours or a day pass, I'll have several image posts in my comment. Not sure if it's an issue with ImgBB, but other sites I post to in this manner don't seem to exhibit this behavior.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
No idea what problems are associated with that site. Are you using the "by URL" tag?

Why not simply upload a photo to this site?

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
BBCode...

64-EE25-EB-0-A57-43-CE-9-BDA-6-BEB27-BE0-D05.jpg

Higher resolution image, doesn't use up PM server space...

Just thought I'd post this thread to note that the site doesn't seem to process the tag consistently.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
BBCode...

64-EE25-EB-0-A57-43-CE-9-BDA-6-BEB27-BE0-D05.jpg

Higher resolution image, doesn't use up PM server space...

Just thought I'd post this thread to note that the site doesn't seem to process the tag consistently.
I don't disagree, but which tags get screwed up?

I tried to find out the number of pixels in the above image, but it won't let me! And I can't download it, either.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Wasn't trying to be critical, just confirming I don't think it is the site. I'm guessing in your case, maybe the hosting site.
Well, it's not a big deal either way. I just noticed that a few days back, the text editor was dropping the HTML tags here on PM, and on certain occasions previous posts had no photos visible, only to appear once again later.

Was it the PM site? iOS? Windows 10? I copy and paste HTML on some other sites and haven't noticed a problem.

In any case, I'm not going to get all frazzled over it... ;)