PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeker81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2019
Ok so I had a couple of pictures I wanted to share... Took them on my phone and transferred them to the laptop.
They are PNG and also quite large in storage size. 5.7MB, which I can understand is too big to post on the forum. I have compressed the pictures about 5 times and each time have tried uploading them, always getting an error "the image is too big".

Can someone tell me what is the size limit for uploading images?
To pipemagazine.com I would also recommend that when the messages appears to let you know your image is too big, the message should also include the size limit for images.

Seeker81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2019
I tried uploading at around 950kb, then again at around 700kb, 500kb, 350, and finally gave up after my last attempt at 327...
Not sure of the resolution though, that must be what's doing it.

5520 x 4140. That must be it. I didn't consider the resolution.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I resize mine to no more than 800px on the long edge. But ~720px should be better, considering that the width of the posts area is 800px. Larger than that, the Xenforo engine has to do resizing in order to fit them, and it might just not want to resize pictures in the thousands of pixels per side.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Need help with uploading pictures to PM's. Can't upload pictures to PM's as we do to forum reply's ie: if you hit the insert image square you need a HTTP address. Can I upload pictures direct from my computer to PM's ? Thanks, Hoppes

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Unfortunately the forum no longer has an album so any PM images should be uploaded to online photo hosting sites such as Imgur.
I used posting.org before the site changeover. Now with the ease of posting, that's no longer needed. I did recently start saving all my pipe and tobacco pictures onto a flash drive, and took them all off my Google photos. Sick of trying to show someone a picture on my phone, and 90% were all pipe related lmao.

Reactions: twoonefive

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I used posting.org before the site changeover. Now with the ease of posting, that's no longer needed. I did recently start saving all my pipe and tobacco pictures onto a flash drive, and took them all off my Google photos. Sick of trying to show someone a picture on my phone, and 90% were all pipe related lmao.
For PMs though, there's no option for that. Link only for messaging photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.