PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well just picked up a bag of Margate from my local B&M. The number on the bag is as follows - 1338H021. So according to this thread the manufacturing date should be February 1st 2023, if I'm reading everything right. But I picked the bag up on January 20th 2023, and I know the shop got their shipment in December of 2022, so the date code doesn't seem to work with this bag!
There's a year code, but no month or day part to it, so that 021 doesn't equate to Feb 1st. All you get is the year, and that advanced sometime last fall, likely in September, based on past tracking. The date code works just fine.

Hope Germain's was able to retain their quality with regard to Margate. Their Virginia blends have been altered with different leaf and it is not a happy thing, not a happy thing at all.

captaincalabash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Texas
Does anyone know how to date Esoterica tobaccos? I am growing my seller and would like to know production dates if possible.

If I can't place a date on the tobacco then I will have to list out the date I bought it. This would be less than desirable as some of these bags are seriously old or at least look older.
I never dated Esoterica, I was always after her sister Erotica! :LOL:

(I'm sorry...couldn't help myself....I'll go away now.)

Masterblaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2021
Evans, GA
There's a year code, but no month or day part to it, so that 021 doesn't equate to Feb 1st. All you get is the year, and that advanced sometime last fall, likely in September, based on past tracking. The date code works just fine.

Hope Germain's was able to retain their quality with regard to Margate. Their Virginia blends have been altered with different leaf and it is not a happy thing, not a happy thing at all.
Okay I guess I get it, still a little confusing lol! Yeah I probably won't open Margate for a little while and I have no Baseline, so if I like it I guess that's all that matters anyway! They did have a bag of Stonehaven, and I'm not a big Burly fan, but I was willing to give it a try based on all the love that was given to that blend. After reading the revised reviews on here by you who are in the know on how some of these blends have changed, and not for the better, I think I'll pass on that one. Would love to hear some revised reviews on Margate and Penzance from Jiminks and others who have smoked past iterations!