PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I have found that I can smoke any pipe clenching it in my teeth on the right side but, if I move it to the left side a bent pipe will lean to far to the left. Like the bowl is sideways. So I mostly smoke on the right. Just thought it would be an interesting forum.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
with my teeth on the left side and i tend to rotate my bowl on the stem also to the left so my pipe is normaly about 10 +/-degrees out of plumb

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
If it's a briar pipe it's usually in my hand or the left side of my mouth. If I'm smoking a meer, it's in my mouth or held by the stem.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Left of center most of the time. Churchwardens and other long pipes are the exception. Those get hand held.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
oh boy. i can see where this thread is going.

in my old age, self dicipline is pretty much out the window.

would though like to know if we are talking smoking pipe or, what use to be a recreational pipe?

it's just a flip of the coin for me. :oops:

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
with a fishtail mouth piece it's clenched on the right including my meers with a p-lip it's in the left side of my mouth. Markw4mms why don't you hold the bowl of your meer?, am i doing any damage to mine given i do hold the bowl.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Always in my right hand. Never clench even though i've tried a few times with various different pipes. They just don't seem to hang right for me.

mukihr

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2011
i don't clench - i can't have anything in my mouth... hope that Softy bit's will solve this :) :)

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Certainly not in the toilet...er, I'm a handholder - never got the hang of clenching.

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm just sitting out back smoking, I'll hold in my hand. If I'm reading a book, I usually clench on the left side.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I'm a clencher as well.
(I used to have this trick way to hold my pipe while I was at a party, a style I modified from my days of dancing on table tops for drunken women at a bar near the airport but it just grossed normal people out and made my pipe taste funny.)

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Now I know why you created Obsidian, gotta get that crap outta the crannys!
Firmly clenched on the left side of my face, with the occasional foray to the right when my jaw tires...unless I'm smoking my GBD Prodigy, then its held, usually in the left hand.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
Left clench. Except for my Chippendale bent billiard, its too heavy in fact I don't like smoking it for that reason. I try not to mullygrub my meers.

Status
Not open for further replies.