How Do Tobacco Taxes Compare with Marijuana Taxes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Here in Connecticut I’m getting gutted for both.

For cannabis they hit you with a cannabis tax and a sales tax on top of that as well. From a dispensary youre looking at paying $100+ for the 7gram limit you can buy which is straight robbery.

Tobacco taxes went up recently and its $30+ for a tin of Capstan and $40+ for a tin of Petersons Deluxe Navy Rolls. Absolutely outrageous.

Lucky I grow both.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I don't know the exact numbers in Kansas but I know they tax tobacco at a much higher level. The country and city taxes the real biggies in this area.

Reactions: MattRVA

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
I have no idea to preface. But weed should not be crazy high taxed. The reason being, a high tax just pushes people back to the "black market" ie. Cartels.

It's time to legalize it with the same laws as booze. I, myself have never participated in the Devils lettuce, but as I get older, the less I care.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Here in Connecticut I’m getting gutted for both.

For cannabis they hit you with a cannabis tax and a sales tax on top of that as well. From a dispensary youre looking at paying $100+ for the 7gram limit you can buy which is straight robbery.

Tobacco taxes went up recently and its $30+ for a tin of Capstan and $40+ for a tin of Petersons Deluxe Navy Rolls. Absolutely outrageous.

Lucky I grow both.
Holy shit. $100 for 7G.... wow 7G is in the $40 or less range here. Tobacco on the other hand is much higher. I just paid $60 for a 50G tin of Solani Virginia Perique

Status
Not open for further replies.