PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
So now you have to tell us about the blends!
I'm terrible at keeping records of anything and some of these were blended over a year ago, but if I recall:

Aro- Brigham's Muskoka mixture, Dunhill's golden Cavendish (Lane MV-1000), and some homemade Cavendish, pressed into a cake.

Navalish- A buddy's homegrown Virginia and Burley, stoved with rum and brandy, then pressed for a while and rubbed out.

Boney Mix- 1 part Grand Croupier Boneyard, 1 part C&D Dark Burley, and 2 parts Low Country Natural Virginia. All day English.

OXPII- Oriental X-press v2.0, I have a thread here in the home blending forum about this one. I should have drawn a steam train for this one, I don't really like this label.

Pirates of the Nicotine- Maduro cigar, dark fired Kentucky, C&D dark burley, a touch of Latakia, stoved with brandy and pressed into a cake.

OTC- Backwoods Original pouch, Drexel VIII pouch, a little bit of McClelland's PM Pipe, topped with Sambuca and pressed.

Stickmaker1958

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2019
Shasta Lake, Ca.
Nice labels. How do you stove and top your tobaccos?
if it’s not a secret. ive used the oven and infused whiskey buy putting a small glass into a larger glass container with the blend and just leaving it for 2-3 months.

Reactions: canucklehead

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Nice labels. How do you stove and top your tobaccos?
if it’s not a secret. ive used the oven and infused whiskey buy putting a small glass into a larger glass container with the blend and just leaving it for 2-3 months.
I just use the oven when my wife is out. It has a fairly accurate temperature control.

I have just been using a small mister/spray bottle and very lightly spritzing the spread out tobacco, trying not to get any part visibly wet.