PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
was buffing out my homemade pipe and it flew out of my hand. put a couple nicks in it. spent most of yesterday re-doing it. still need to buff a few more times.

PB230013.jpg

here`s the 10 dollar estate pipe i did the rustic work to. going to fill it up with north woods and take it for a test smoke.

PB230012.jpg

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
I hate that happened causing you extra work to boot... But I really like the way the rustication turned out.. looks really nice.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
the way my luck goes surprised it did not fly up and hit me in the eye. 8O

thanks bowhachie. it looks good and even smokes better.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Though one wouldn't think so at first a buffer is one of the most dangerous machines in the shop. It can grab and fling what ever you are working on in just a split second of inattention.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
To me it sounds like a new method of rustication -- just keep throwing it at the buffing wheel. :D
I can hear the compliments now, "Oh! How did you achieve that random distressed finish?"
"Uh, are you referring to the pipe or my forehead?"
Look at it this way Buck, if you keep it up, you won't have to wear a nametag at the next pipe show. :lol:
"Which one is Buckeye? Oh, he's over there... the guy with a partially rusticated billiard sticking out of his forehead."

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
You just haven't lived until you have launched a razor sharp knife blade across the shop. It does wonders for your concentration after that. Paying VERY careful attention , not working tired and taking ALL necessary safety precautions are a must.

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
When I was cycling seriously, we used to say, "your not a real cyclist until you break a collar bone". This may be the pipe carving equivalent. Welcome to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.