Hey, Wake Up! It's Talk Like a Pirate Day!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yeah, as in making us believe your natural eye is glass.
Nope, had the first one crafted in 2009 after the accident destroyed my right eye and most of my teeth. It was free after I met my insurance deductible from the surgery to remove the damaged eye. Had it replaced in 2017 and will probably have to do it again in 2025. I mainly smoke on the left side so I can see what I'm doing.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Nope, had the first one crafted in 2009 after the accident destroyed my right eye and most of my teeth. It was free after I met my insurance deductible from the surgery to remove the damaged eye. Had it replaced in 2017 and will probably have to do it again in 2025. I mainly smoke on the left side so I can see what I'm doing.
Yikes. Yeah, I was wondering whether you were being jocular. Wishing you were joking too. I just had trouble believing so much bad mojo has happened to you. ??

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yikes. Yeah, I was wondering whether you were being jocular. Wishing you were joking too. I just had trouble believing so much bad mojo has happened to you. ??
I take it in stride. Must mean good things await me in the hereafter. It is fun messing with people that don't know about the eye though.?

Reactions: olkofri

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Dr. Samuel Johnson's view of pirates from his universally famous 1755 Dictionary.

Pirate 1: A fea robber.

Pirate 2: Any robber, particularly a bookfeller who fiezes the copies of other men.

To Pirate 1: To rob by the fea.

To Pirate 2: To take by robbery.

Piratical: Predatory, robbing, confifting of robbing.

A pretty nasty breed of man by all accounts ;)

Regards,

Jay.