J2WsHSO.jpg
7eFkVCX.jpg
xxTumoa.jpg
E1sF3lX.jpg

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Nice to see your work as always.
You should take more off the stem and work on smoothing out your lines. Are you keeping this for yourself?
In looking at the pencil marks for the tobacco chamber, and the amount of briar left at the front of the bowl, I would be concerned about burnout in that spot. Would be good to experiment with if you are keeping it.
I've been experimenting with mine and have been able to burn out one very similar to this. Which is why I'm sharing.
Looking forward to the second pipe from the block!

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
Thanks everybody.

Clickklick: Yes I'm keeping it for myself. Since the bowl is rather big I wanted to keep an hefty stem, but,as you suggest I could give a more clean line. The main defect is the upper junction between the shank and the bowl: here I sanded deeper than I wanted. After if I aligned every part the stem and the shank would become, IMHO, too thiny front of the bowl. So I preferred a general proportion to a cleaner work.

Thank you for your remark about the dangers for the bowl. After reading yor words I tried to measure that spot and I think it's about 7 mm. thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.