PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
It's most likely an English made pipe with a tribute name to Herbie Collins the Aussie professional cricketer. Later he was a professional gambler. He was a bit of a personality. Unfortunately, under his captainship, they lost the Ashes with England being 415 points ahead. and afterward slowly sunk into a deep depression and went blind from self abuse.

Murdock Ruml

Lurker
Nov 21, 2019
Anchorage, AK
It's most likely an English made pipe with a tribute name to Herbie Collins the Aussie professional cricketer. Later he was a professional gambler. He was a bit of a personality. Unfortunately, under his captainship, they lost the Ashes with England being 415 points ahead. and afterward slowly sunk into a deep depression and went blind from self abuse.
Just noticed, “ Italy” is lightly stamped on the shank. Hard to notice buts it’s there. Thanks for the info. Hopefully this pipe isn’t cursed. Lol. I picked up two of them in an auction a long while back. I’m thinking around 2001. Ended up selling one of them to a friend that was getting into pipe smoking. I wonder if he still has it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What is that? An acrylic military mount? Looks like some nice blast on the finish. Okay, no jokes about polishing the shank.