PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Relax62

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2023
Texas
Can anyone suggest/recommend a good, inexpensive pipe that’s good for those times when you want to enjoy a quick smoke. I suppose I could only fill one of my pipes halfway, but I’d rather not, maybe I just want another pipe for those times.

F

fMf Piper

Check out the selection of corncobs at Missouri Meerschaum. I personally have been enjoying the Missouri Pride model. Also, Smoking Pipes has just released a new line of Peterson junior rusticated pipes.
Most of the cobs on this first page would meet your needs for a reasonable price.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Peterson Shorts are compact and the chamber dimensions aren’t bad at all for what you propose. I have some I’ve picked up the last couple of years and have found them great for in the vehicle, brief bowl anywhere, etc. Or look at older estates that catch your idea, many have pretty compact dimensions.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Go to SP and look at Ropps. These are well made briar, moderately priced pipes with mostly small/medium bowls.

Rossi, owned by Savinelli, makes Piccolo series that are smaller pipes and can also be viewed at SP.

If you want, you can get a standard length smoke out of a smaller chamber with more solid cuts like flake, coin, plug, and rope, so you can get longer smokes out of a smaller pipe when you wish.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Man people are really roasting smaller chambered pipes in this thread 😂

At .625 inches, the chamber diameters on the smaller cobs don’t agree with me. I would recommend a Ropp Etudiant, a Rossi (I don’t have one but I have Savinellis and highly recommend them), or a medium-sized pipe 1/2 filled. I have Ropp etudiants that give me 15-20 minute smokes if loaded with a ribbon cut.