PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwolf

Lurker
Jul 28, 2013
dhizzy - MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired. An English blend without Latakia.
Interesting, Sounds good way to see if it's the Latakia I like in them.
philobeddoe - Three of those four are pretty heavy hitters as far as Nicotine, you might like 1792 flake from Gawith, it will give you a rather unique flavor with the Nicotine hit you seem to enjoy.
Not sure if I like the nicotine in the ones I like, they leave me a little buzzed and it takes awhile to recover, I actually think I am looking for something with the bold flavor and less nicotine.
Durham - If you enjoy English blends containing Latakia may I suggest trying a Syrian Latakia. Somewhat sweeter in flavor. McClelland makes quite a few blends with my favorite being McClelland 3 Oaks Syrian, McClelland Rose of Latakia.
I have tried the McClelland 3 Oaks, it was good but not one of my favorites. Though it has been awhile and I not can't remember why I did not love it.
drcarlo - Rattray's Marlin Flake - Virginia and Perique.
I have tried the Rattray's Marlin Flake, it was good but not one of my favorites. Though it has been awhile and I not can't remember why I did not love it.
Lots of you recommended Early Morning Pipe, I do like this one too, just not as much as the other's listed.
Based on what you guys have recommended I have added these to my try list:

• GL Pease Westminster

MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired

McClelland Frog Morton

Peterson's Old Dublin

Peterso n's Sherlock Holmes

Samuel Gawith Commonwealth
These are what else is on my list.

• Sutliff Field Master – Recommended by their website program

Two Friend's Celtic Mist – Recommended by my father.
This week I've been enjoying Peterson's Sweet Killarney, I like the flavor a lot, I just wish there was a bit more of it.
Thank you everyone for your recommendations and the very warm welcome! Sorry it took so long to respond.

jwolf

Lurker
Jul 28, 2013
Order placed, got 3 to try this time.
  • Please find a summary of your order below, thanks for shopping with Smokingpipes.com!
    B. J. Long Regular Pipe Cleaners (56 pack)

Craftsbury: Frog Morton 50g

Field Master 1.5oz

B. J. Long Churchwarden Pipe Cleaners (32 pack)

Nightcap 50g

Savinelli 6mm Balsa Filters (20/pack)

Old Dublin 50g

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Good call on the Old Dublin. I smoked that last night. Another English style I've been smoking regularly is Mac Baren Plumbcake. It's a little bit less on the Latakia than Old Dublin and I'm pretty sure this has moved it into my #1 English blend spot.
Welcome to the forums jwolf!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I'd definitely give Christmas Cheer a go when it comes out around august 15th apparently, I'm waiting to place my next order until then. McClelland's Virginia's are some of the best, personally my favorite. It's a very tangy smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.